Job Title: Health & Safety Manager Reporting To – Operations Director
Location: Head Office Nottingham. Package: Negotiable.
Morris Vermaport Ltd provides our clients with unrivalled levels of quality in the lift and escalator maintenance, repair, modernisation and new lift installations. Morris Vermaport Ltd is an independently owned, well established and structured, multi-regional organisation covering the whole of the UK.
Main Activities \ Duties:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture throughout our organisation
- Developing health and safety management systems including quality assurance systems and compliance with external audits
- Managing and co-ordinating audits, including liaising with external contractors
- Supporting and developing the health, safety environmental strategy
- Developing internal and external networks to allow performance to be benchmarked
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and incorporate any updates in law into the health and safety policy
- Business risk analysis and risk assessments
- Reducing the number of health and safety incidents to a minimum
- Managing the enrolment of trainees to gain qualifications throughout the company
Requirements and Qualifications:
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Either hold or be close to obtaining Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH). For smaller organisations or less senior roles Graduate membership may be accepted (Grad IOSH)
- Credible experience in health and safety, including operations experience
- A track record of project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health and Safety all staff
- Industry specific experience, for example CDM (Construction Design and Management) or environmental experience may be required
- Experience of maintaining externally audited management standards such as ISO 9001 ,14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Experience of working with senior management
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload
- A flexible approach to working hours
Clean Driving Licence (Required)
40 Hours – 8.00am to 5.00pm (Overtime may be required at busy periods)
Package: You will receive a negotiable salary commensurate with experience, company car, laptop etc as well as an opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
Please email your CV and applicable details in the initial instance to: HR@mvlifts.co.uk.
Closing date for applications 29th August 2018.